Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is one of the highest in-demand post-graduate courses opted by numerous students each year. Every other graduate from different streams opts for an MBA for their post-graduation. Unlike other courses, having a career in MBA opens up a plethora of options to choose from in the future.
For the MBA aspirants, one of the reasons for doing an MBA is getting a decent job post completion of the course. Job opportunities post completing an MBA in India from renowned institutes like SAITM are huge. It is students who need to pick up the right job from so many options available to them. While considering the job opportunities after completing MBA, the students need to create a list of options, salary packages, its pros and cons, and most importantly how it can help them become successful entrepreneurs in the future.
Since students who plan to do an MBA have so many questions in mind regarding the job opportunities, nature of the job, roles and responsibilities, etc. So considering the same we have tried to provide updated and reliable information to them. For many students, salary matters the most, while for others, the nature of the job is more important. Whatever the case may be, it is important to analyze whether a particular job suits you or not.
Job Opportunities after MBAs in India
The MBA students need to have a detailed knowledge of job opportunities available to them in India. Considering the same, they can make up their future goals and can pick the ones that give them a higher rate of interest. MBA graduates’ roles and responsibilities include Business planning, consulting, client relations, etc. resources and they are a part of your job profile.
Let’s check out some of the specific roles that can be taken post completing MBA in India: –
- Banking & Finance: The MBA graduates working in the Banking & Finance domain are expected to do portfolio management and security & investment analysis. MBA graduates can get decent jobs in banks, insurance companies, security firms, among many other financial organizations. A few of the top companies that offer these kinds of jobs to deserving MBA graduates include Barclays, RBS, Nomura, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, etc. MBA graduates can explore jobs in both the public and private sectors. To get selected for the post in public sector banks, students need to clear the recruitment exams taken by the respective banks while to grab a job in private banks, students have to get a minimum cut off in MBA entrance exam.
- Investment Banking: Jobs in the investment banking area are the most sought-after jobs in the market. Some of the top companies that hunt for the most suitable candidates for this role include Bank of American Continuum, Motilal Oswal, etc.
- Management Consulting: If you have awesome problem-solving skills, then the role of management consulting is ideal for you. The role and responsibility of professionals in management consulting include solving organizational issues and they are responsible for solving the problems within the business using their creativity and problem-solving methods.
- Entrepreneurship: Nowadays, entrepreneurship has become one of the hottest options among MBA graduates. One of the reasons for doing an MBA program is to become a future entrepreneur. To become an entrepreneur, your experience doesn’t matter. All that matters is your creative and innovative skills that act as the pillars in getting success in your career.
- Data Analytics: The digital revolution has increased the demand of data analytics and more businesses like e-commerce, retail, banking and management look for domain experts. Many B-Schools have introduced separate data analytics courses in MBA, the move is in line with the plans to meet the growing demand of data analysts or data scientists.
- Private Equity: Like an investment banker, the role of a private equity manager is to work related to private equity. Job opportunities in this domain are huge and companies like Fullerton, Fidelity Investments, Axis Securities, JP Morgan Chase, etc. look for MBA graduates who know how to manage the available equity and what are better areas of investment.
Some other job profiles for which you are eligible post completing your MBA include:
- Analytical Marketing
- Media Planner
- Business Development
- Senior Research Consultant
- Quality Assurance Head
- Retailing Management
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Communications Director
- Logistics Head
- Brand Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Market Search Analyst
- Advertising and Promotions Marketing
- Product and Brand Management
Almost all companies require MBAs that can help them increase their user engagement and promote their firm.
Salary for MBA Graduates in India
Detailed information regarding the salary offered to MBA graduates in India is mentioned below: –
|Job Profile/Role||Average Salary Per Annum (in INR)||Maximum Salary Per Annum (in INR)|
|Senior Business Analyst||9,44,493||11,70,000|
|Human Resource Generalist||2,94,138||6,78,000|
|Business Development Manager||6,01,423||11,40,000|
|Human Resources Manager||7,38,960||11,70,000|
|Business Development Executive||3,18,081||5,93,000|
|Project Manager (IT)||12,38,000||20,00,000|
|Assistant Human Resources Manager||5,31,567||9,42,000|
|Business Analyst (IT)||5,96,465||11,00,000|
|Area Sales Manager||7,81,611||11,40,000|
The average placement salaries for some of the renowned Business Schools in India are:
|Name of the Institution||MBA starting package (per annum, INR)|
|IIM Calcutta||24.2 Lakhs|
|FMS Delhi||21.1 Lakhs|
|MDI Gurgaon||19.17 Lakhs|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||20.1 Lakhs|
|SPJIMR Mumbai||22.1 Lakhs|
|JBIMS Mumbai||18.91 Lakhs|
|IIM Indore||18.34 Lakhs|
|IIFT Delhi||18.27 Lakhs|
|IIM Shillong||15.5 Lakhs|
Along with looking for a particular sector to specialize in, be it Management, HR, Finance, or something else, it is important to consider the college as well from where you plan to do an MBA.
Therefore, to make sure that you end up getting your dream job, it’s important to look at renowned MBA institutes like SAITM Gurgaon for doing an MBA. Affiliated to MDU and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, SAITM Gurgaon offers an MBA course in different specializations to the most deserving candidate. It is one of the best institutes that produce future managers each year.
SAITM ranked among the top MBA colleges in Delhi/NCR region. SAITM’s top recruiters include Amazon, Genpact, Tech Mahindra, Reliance, Flipkart, NIIT Technologies, etc. offering attractive packages to MBA graduates.
A career in MBA not only sounds interesting but brings along with it better growth opportunities and amazing leadership positions. So if you are ready to embark on your MBA journey, opt for an MBA course from prestigious institutes like SAITM.