MBA Finance or Masters of Business Administration in Finance is one of the most popular specializations in the domain of MBA that lay specific emphasis on finance. The duration of the program is 2 years which costs around 25K to 7 lakhs per annum for a student, depending upon the choice of institute. Pursuing an MBA in finance opens up various opportunities for students in the booming financial sector. The main aim of the MBA in Finance course is to help students manage the finances and accounts of an organization they are working for.
MBA finance graduates get diversified job opportunities in the banking sector and other organizations. Some of the flourishing sectors that can be explored by doing an MBA in Finance include private equity, investment banking and management, corporate accounting, etc.
Other key highlights of MBA Finance are as listed below:
- Some of the subjects that are taught to students doing an MBA course include financial management, financial planning, cost of capital, corporate budgeting, etc.
- MBA Finance is a two-year PG course including the study of finance, analytics, and budgeting.
- The entire course curriculum is designed aiming to help students analyze and forecast the financial report and economic trends, managing and maximizing investment portfolio, balancing risk, and much more.
MBA in Finance Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to do an MBA Finance are expected to meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
- They must have obtained at least 50 percent aggregate or equivalent CGPA in bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category can apply with 45 percent marks as well.
- The majority of the renowned institutes accept candidates based on their entrance exam scores like CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, SNAP, etc.
MBA Finance Admission Process 2021
Admission to an MBA Finance course is granted based on the candidate’s performance in various entrance exams like CAT, MAT, SNAP, CMAT, etc. Candidates who get shortlisted based on their scores in the entrance exam will be invited to take part in a Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round.
Detailed MBA Finance admission process include:
- Step 1: First of all apply for an entrance exam. Choose the college in which you want to apply and go through the detailed application process.
- Step 2: Give the entrance exam. Students need to prepare and sit for the entrance exam in order to get a seat.
- Step 3: After the exams get over, the shortlisting process starts. A minimum cut-off list is prepared by the college and MBA aspirants need to clear the same to get eligible for the next rounds.
- Step 4: Final selection of candidates is done according to their performance in Group Discussion, Written Ability Test, and Personal Interview.
Career Prospects After MBA Finance
Pursuing MBA in Finance helps students to chase their careers in different sectors including financial planning, banking, corporate finance, and accounting. MBA graduates can additionally get a chance to work in different sectors like taxation, investment portfolio management, taxation planning, asset and liability finance, etc.
Some of the roles and responsibilities for which MBA Finance professionals will be accountable include:
|Asset Management||Their main role includes determining the feasibility of asset acquisition and presenting the supporting reports that are beneficial for the organization|
|Corporate Finance||Their role and responsibility include identifying and securing privatization, looking after acquisition and merger deals, investing amounts in monetary funds, and buying and selling assets beneficial for their clients.|
|Corporate Banking||Corporate Bankers are responsible for getting into discussions with corporate and personal customers regarding their financial requirements. They are also responsible for providing appropriate financial advice and helping clients get current information regarding acquisitions, capital markets, or mergers.|
|Credit Risk Management||Their role includes creation and implementation of policies and procedures that help lower credit risk for a financial institution. The experts are responsible for building effective financial models that help predict credit risk exposure to the organization.|
|Derivatives Structuring||They are responsible for working on derivative trading, modeling and structuring regarding issues.|
|Hedge Fund Management||Their primary responsibility includes helping people in managing hedge fund investments. Their role includes overall investment objectives, fee structures, and looking at liquidity provisions.|
|Private Equity||Private Equity managers are responsible for looking after the investment banks, mergers, acquisitions or equities divisions of a company. They are also responsible to raise money from banks, high-networth individuals and private firms.|
MBA Finance: Average Salary Offered
The average salary earned by MBA graduates is on the higher side as compared to the ones earned by other degree holders. Financial Analysts, one of the most demanded candidates, can get an average compensation anywhere between INR 3-4 LPA. While the average salary of Corporate Finance executives varies from INR 6-7 LPA.
Top B-Schools offering MBA Finance
Some of the popular MBA in Finance institutes located in the country are mentioned below:
- Xavier School Of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- ST. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management (SAITM), Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
- S P Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur
- UEI Global, Delhi
- MIT School Of Management, Pune
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute Of India, Gandhinagar
SAITM for MBA In Finance
MBA Finance has become quite a popular choice among PG sought PG programs mainly due to its diversified strong course structure and present situation that has increased the demand for professionals from a finance background.
Candidates planning for an MBA can explore unlimited job opportunities both in the private and government sectors post the completion of the program. Getting an MBA degree from institutes like SAITM helps you get deeper finance knowledge that helps you run business successfully. Since the scope for MBA in Finance is so huge that doing it from reputed institutes like SAITM gives you an international learning experience.
Candidates planning to do MBA in Finance from SAITM need to sit for the SAJEE exam. It is the national-level joint entrance exam started by SAITM for shortlisting candidates for an MBA program. Giving this exam is mandatory to enroll for an MBA program.
The right way to have a successful career in the Finance sector is to start planning for the career right from the starting. If you are a qualified graduate planning to do an MBA program, then pursuing an MBA program in Finance from SAITM can help you get desired skills to head a finance team.