Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is a professional 4-year UG engineering degree course granted to candidates post the completion of the course. Having an engineering degree acts as a gateway to a career in engineering. B.Tech course is offered in different specializations, out of which some of the more famous include Computer Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.
If you have plans to do a B.Tech program in 2021 but are confused regarding the admission, then check out this blog to know more about B. Tech offered at some of the popular institutes in Gurugram. In this blog, we have presented a detailed comparison between SAITM and MAIT’s B. Tech program. Candidates who have completed their schooling and planning to do a B.Tech program can go through the entire write-up to know more about B. Tech courses offered at both these institutes.
St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management (SAITM)
St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management (SAITM) is quite a popular engineering institute among students planning to get a UG degree in engineering. Interested candidates planning to do a B. Tech program can begin with their admission process at SATIM. The institute has received affiliation from Maharishi Dayanand University.
Since its inception in 2012, the institute has been offering many programs at the undergraduate level. The courses are offered in the Engineering, Management, and Computer Application field.
Key highlights of SATIM Gurgaon
Go through the main highlights of SATIM Gurgaon that help get more information about the institute
|Approval||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Accreditation||NAAC ‘A’ Grade|
|Affiliations||Maharshi Dayanand University|
|Facilities||Classrooms, Library, Amphitheatre, Hostels, Pharmacy, Sports club|
|Faculty||More than 250|
|Location||Gurgaon, Delhi (NCR)|
|Courses offered||UG programs in Engineering and Management, MBA|
- SATIM’s Ranked 28th among the top 30 Engineering Colleges in India – India Today.
- Positioned 8th in Times Engineering Institute Ranking Survey – Times of India.
- Awarded ‘International Architecture Award’ for their hostel building.
- Awarded the ‘Education Summit Award’ given by the Governor.
SAITM B. Tech streams
SATIM Gurgaon offers a four-year regular B.Tech in different specializations mentioned here:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
SATIM Gurgaon Eligibility Criteria for B. Tech
Candidates planning to do a B. Tech program from SATIM Gurgaon must go through the detailed eligibility criteria here:
- Candidate planning for a B.Tech admission must have done 10+2 from a recognized Board and should have secured at least 45% marks.
- Also, they must have given the JEE Main exam.
SAITM Gurgaon Fee Structure
|Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech]||4 year(s)||3,68,000|
St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management Placements
The institute has a separate training and placement cell whose main role and responsibility include providing training to the students. Also, the cell ensures a smoother placement process at the campus.
SAITM Gurgaon offers placements to all candidates through its separate placement cell. Candidates are provided counseling before they sit for an interview round. Some of the potential employers that actively take part in placement rounds include Amazon, Genpact, Tech Mahindra, Reliance, TATA, Dyson, etc.
|Maximum Package||INR 10 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 4 LPA|
|Total companies participated in Internship and Placements||80|
|Recruiters||Reliance, Amazon, Genpact, Tech Mahindra, TATA, etc.|
SATIM has a well-developed and well-designed infrastructure with centrally air-conditioned classrooms. There are more than 50 laboratories and workshops fully equipped with reinforced learning purposes so that students can get the best quality education. SATIM is one of the popular institutes that has been awarded ‘Best Engineering College for Promoting Industry-Academic Interface’.
All about MAIT, Delhi
Established in 1999, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is one of the popular colleges offering a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree program. In addition to offering a B.Tech course in 5 specializations, the institute also offers a full-time Masters in the Business Administration (MBA) program. Candidates planning to do a B. Tech program need to get the minimum marks required in the entrance exam. The application process is conducted online.
The Institute has received approval from the All India Council for Technical Education and is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. MAIT is placed at 10th position among the best engineering colleges – Dataquest T School Survey.
Key-highlights about MAIT
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Private|
|Accredited by||National Board of Accreditation (NBA)|
|Affiliated to||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Set by||Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech and MBA|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main/ IPU CET exam (for B.Tech course)|
|Mode of applying||Online|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Main employers||Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Amazon, etc.|
MAIT offers B. Tech in different streams including:
- Computer Science and Engineering (240 students intake)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology, Mechanical and Automation Engineering (intake of 180 students each)
- Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Technology and Information Technology and Engineering (intake of 60 students, each)
MAIT Eligibility Criteria
The institute provides B. Tech in different streams to the most deserving candidates based on the marks obtained by them in an entrance exam.
- Candidates planning to do a B.Tech program must have passed the 10+2 exam from a recognized board in the science stream.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Maths, and Chemistry, as the main subjects.
- Candidate are selected based on a valid score in JEE Main/ IPU CET exam Intake: 180 ( in each specialization)
MAIT Delhi BTech Admission and Selection Process
- Admissions to the B. Tech programs offered by MAIT are granted based on the marks obtained in the IPU CET exam taken by GGSIPU, Delhi.
- Post the exams get over, successful candidates also need to attend a counseling process organized by GGSIPU, Delhi.
|B.Tech||₹1.43 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with JEE Main|
MAIT Delhi offers good placement and internship opportunities to its students by establishing contacts with reputed companies like Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, among many others. In 2019, more than 40 companies took part in the placement drive and offered packages between INR 3.5 LPA to INR 28 LPA to the B. Tech graduates.
Some of the Placement Highlights are shown below:-
- Total number of companies visited the campus was 42
- Maximum Package Offered to graduates was INR 28 LPA
- Average Package offered to the graduates is INR 4.5 LPA
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Scholarships
- Merit-based scholarships are granted to the students in the form of financial support, tuition fee, and other fee waivers.
- Candidates planning to get a scholarship must have obtained a good academic record.
- Candidates’ performance in co-curricular activities will be noted for scholarship programs.
- All scholarships to the deserving candidates are awarded by the Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society.
Hope now you can make a better decision by checking out a detailed comparison between B. Tech programs offered at SAITM and MAIT. For more information, you can advise you to refer to the official website.