Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the most popular PG courses opted by thousands of students each year. MBA is a two-year program that acts as a gateway to a plethora of job opportunities in the business world. Candidates planning to do an MBA course can refer to the below given information.
Key highlights of MBA
- A regular MBA is a two-year course segmented into four or six semesters.
- Doing a full-time MBA program from renowned institutes like SAITM is quite a popular option among students looking to get theory classes and practical knowledge. Career prospects after completing an MBA course from SAITM are diversified.
- Fresh graduates and candidates with some years of work experience are eligible to do an MBA.
- Many colleges prefer fresh graduates while many others give preference to ones having a few years of work experience.
- Due to the growing popularity of MBA, many MBA schools have introduced a different kind of MBA programs including Online MBA, Distance Learning MBA, and Executive MBA
- The Executive MBA is quite a popular option among candidates having work experience of more than 5 -10 years.
Why Study MBA?
Getting an MBA degree is quite trending because of the huge benefits it tags along. In addition to getting decent packages and an opportunity with top recruiters like Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, etc. MBA graduates can get many other perks.
- Improved Management Skills: The MBA Syllabus focuses on improving the leadership and critical skills of all the students. Some of the skills that are laid more focus on include building connections or partnerships with companies, managing difficult situations, meeting the company’s goals, etc. among many others.
- Dual MBA Specializations: Different kinds of MBA specializations allow students to focus on their stronger areas. Students can also get MBA dual specialization that improves their credibility in the business world.
- Network Building: MBA students get an opportunity to meet and interact with alumni that empowers their networking skills. The connection helps students foray into the business world and get a detailed understanding of the real working style.
- Decent Salary: One of the reasons for doing an MBA is a higher salary. MBA graduates are in high demand and businesses look for experts who can help them grow their business, both nationally and internationally.
- MBA graduates can become future Entrepreneurs: With proper marketing tips and strategies, MBA degree holders can start their own business.
To pursue a full-time MBA course, candidates need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
- The minimum eligibility criteria to do an MBA (full-time) program is Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university
- The majority of the institutes follow the minimum score criteria. Candidates planning to get admission into an MBA course need to get at least 50 percent in average or equivalent. However, candidates belonging to the reserved category can apply with 45 percent as well.
- Candidates pursuing their final-year studies are also eligible to apply for the MBA program.
Refer to the beneath table to know the kind of MBA specializations available for the aspirants.
|Finance Management||Marketing Management|
|Human Resource Management||Rural Management|
|Health Care Management||Operations Management|
|Media Management||Sports Management|
|Hospitality Management||Interior Design|
Admissions to all B-schools are granted based on the candidates’ performance in an entrance exam. Some of the exams that are considered valid to get admission into a renowned college or university include:
National Level Tests like CAT, MAT, GMAT, etc. are considered while shortlisting the most eligible candidate.
State Level Tests are taken by a state-level testing body or a top state B-school on behalf of the other participating colleges in that state. Some of the common state-wise MBA entrance exam includes MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET or APICET
Many institutes take their MBA entrance exams. Some of these kinds of exams include IIFT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, IBSAT
The qualifying marks obtained by candidates make them eligible for the next round of selection task. The written entrance exam is followed by a second-level screening round including group discussion or a personal interview conducted.
Top MBA Entrance Exams
The list of top MBA exams whose scores are considered while granting admission to the most eligible candidates across various B-schools include:
Best Colleges For MBA
Top Colleges offering MBA in India can be divided into different groups. IIMs remain the top most choice among MBA students.
|IIM Ahmedabad||INR 11,50,000|
|IIM Kozhikode||INR 8,75,000|
|IIM Udaipur||INR 18,50,000|
|IIM Ranchi||INR 7,80,000|
|IIM Rohtak||INR 8,10,000|
|IIM Shillong||INR 5,00,000|
|IIM Kashipur||INR 6,26,500|
|IIM Amritsar||INR 6,00,000|
|IIM Sirmaur||INR 5,17,000|
|IIM Jammu||INR 6,14,000|
Since not everyone can afford an IIM or be eligible for the same, the country has equally renowned and reputed names for pursuing MBA in India which includes SAITM, Northcap University, GITM, MAIT, among others.
Doing an MBA course opens up various opportunities for you. From getting a chance to work in the private sector to exploring different opportunities in the public sector, an MBA graduate can explore different options that help to shape their career.
The kind of job profiles available for MBA graduates include:
|Employment Areas||Job Kind|
|Banks||Human Resource Managers, Account Manager, Administrative Officer, Marketing Managers, etc.|
|Brand & Marketing||Brand Manager, IT Services Marketing Head, Marketing Manager,|
|Business Consultancies||Human Resource Managers, Management Consultant|
|Educational Institutes||Trainer, Administrative Officer|
|Financial Organizations||Equity Research Analysts, Recruitment Manager, Administrative Officer, etc.|
|Industrial Houses||HR Generalist Business Partner, Zonal Business Manager, Project Managers, Administrative Officer, Finance Managers, Marketing Managers|
|Multinational Companies||Lobbyist/Organizer, Recruitment Manager|
|Public Works||Research and Development Managers, Labour Management Relations Specialist|
|Tourism Industry||Human Resource Managers, Administrative Officer|
MBA graduates take up a managerial role at different departments within an organization. The role of managers includes planning, creating, strategizing, execution, leading the team, liaison, etc. that help towards meeting the organizational goal.
- Finance Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Data Analytics Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Advertising Sales Manager
- NGO Manager
- Project Manager
- Telecom Manager
- Transport & Logistics Manager
- Infrastructure Manager
- International Business Manager
- Risk Manager
- Energy & Environment Manager
- Import & Export Manager
At present MBA is one of the most sought after courses designed to meet the increasing demand of professionals in the business sector. With core subjects like Accounting, Economics, Marketing, HR, etc. MBA students get an option to choose a different Elective Course allowing them to chase their personal or professional goals. Doing an MBA can help your career in many ways, it helps prepare students to occupy the top managerial positions within a company.
Growing competition has made it difficult for students to get admission into IIMS and other B-Schools. But students interested in doing an MBA course don’t need to feel demotivated as there are many renowned institutes like SAITM Gurgaon from where doing an MBA course is absolutely worthy. Whether you want to do MBA Finance, MBA HR, MBA Marketing, MBA Business Operations, or some other MBA specialization, SAITM is the right option for you.
SAITM ensures almost 100% placement guarantee to all MBA graduates and works harder to help them foray into the corporate world. Whether it’s about workshops and seminars, timely industry visits or technical training, SAITM ensures that students get placed in different companies. So, what’s the wait for? Get ready to fulfill your dream of doing an MBA course in 2021 by enrolling now!